The Fieldpiece ST4 Dual-Temperature Meter measures two temperatures simultaneously using the included k-type, wrap tab beaded thermocouples. The technology inside the ST4 provides superior temperature compensation in rapidly changing environments commonly found while performing field service. Use the ST4 to find Delta T and just about any temperature split you want to measure. Displays T1, T2 and T1-T2 in big numbers on the LCD screen. Features two front face calibration pots and comes in our clear front case with magnetic hanger model ANC6. Use with our optional ATWB1 wet bulb thermocouple to help you find target superheat or with our pipe clamp T/Cs to check for blocked dryer filters.
Features and Benefits
- Designed for HVAC/R, the Dual-Temperature Meter, model ST4, measures two temperatures and calculates the difference in English or metric units. It offers technicians all the benefits of a digital thermometer in a heavy duty design.
- Read T1, T2, or T1-T2.
- Rugged rubber boot.
- Min/Max and Hold.
- LED indicates disengaged probe.
- Great temperature compensation for fast changing environments.
- Select ºF or ºC.
- 2 k-type thermocouples included.
- Clear front case with magnetic hanger included.
There are other digital thermometers and dual temperature meters our there. Ours is unique. Because of the technology we employ inside, the ST4 offers superior temperature compensation in rapidly changing environments commonly found while performing field service. Meters with thermocouple adapters often take a long time to stabilize due to transfer of ambient heat to the adapter while in a pocket, in the back of your truck, even the heat generated while in your hand. The ST4, as with all of our k-type thermometers and meters, stabilizes rapidly so you can take it from the rooftop to the walk-in and get more accurate readings faster than the competition. Plus it includes the rugged rubber boot and the hanging bag for easy, hands-free testing, while you’re working on the rest of your call.
- Dual-Temperature Meter - ST4
- (2) K-type wrap tab bead thermocouples - ATB1
- (2) Velcro Tie- wraps (not pictured)
- Clear Front Nylon Bag with Magnetic Hanger - ANC6
- 9-Volt battery (installed)
- Operator’s manual
- Measurement range: -58 to 2000ºF (-50 to 1300ºC)
- Resolution: 0.1º
- Temperature coefficient: 0.1 x (specified accuracy) per °C (0 to 18°C, 28 to 50°C)
- System accuracy after field calibration: ±1ºF @ 30 to 120ºF with field calibration, ±0.5ºC @ 0 to 50ºC with field calibration
- Meter accuracy: Accuracies for any of the given ranges below are specified for operating temperatures between 64 to 82ºF (18 to 28ºC), for 1 year, not including thermocouple error. ±4ºF @ -58 to 32ºF, ±(0.3% rdg + 2ºF) @ 32 to 1100ºF, ±(0.5% rdg + 2ºF) @ 1100 to 2000ºF, ±2ºC @ -50 to 0ºC, ±(0.3% rdg + 1ºF) @ -50 to 600ºC, ±(0.5% rdg + 1ºF) @ 600 to 1300ºC
- Measurement rate: 2.5 readings/second
- Battery: Single standard 9-volt battery, NEDA 1604, JIS 006P, IEC 6F22.
- Battery life: 100 hours- carbon zinc battery. 200 hours- alkaline battery. Replace when “ “ is displayed.
- Operating environment: 32 to 122ºF (0 to 50°C) <70% RH
- Storage environment: -8 to 140ºF (-22 to 60°C) <80% RH with battery removed from meter.
- Display: 3.5 digits LCD, 2000 count
- Overrange: “OL” or “-OL” is displayed.
- Accessories: 9V battery (installed), 2 k-type thermocouples, 2 Velcro straps, rubber boot, case, and operator’s manual.
- Safety: Designed to meet EN61326-1, CE-EMC